Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Hi there! You may have noticed things have changed on this site. You can learn more about that here.

Criminal Record?

MedusaFelixMedusaFelix Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
edited August 2008 in Rutgers University
I just realized...on the application they never asked you about past criminal records, did they? 0.o

But I heard pharmacy and med students go through extensive background checks and there are consequences when they find something. (Or does juvenile records not apply for whatever they use, e.g. A-something [Adam?] Safeguard?)

Strange that it wouldn't be on the application to start with. Or did I miss something (like that juvenile thing)?
Post edited by MedusaFelix on

Replies to: Criminal Record?

• science_pleasescience_please Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    I'm not sure how it pertains to school but, in many cases, juvenile offenses are kept closed. Unless you've done something very very bad (violent), I think it will remain closed. Things like possession and other little stuff like that.
  • pharmacogenomicpharmacogenomic Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
    While schools may let you in, it's really the state boards that may choose to either ultimately decline or delay your licensure. Keep that in mind and ask the schools; while they may be the first gatekeepers, they are not the ones who ultimately hold the keys to your license. State boards usually require a statement of clarification for any breaches in ethics or evidence for so-called "moral turbitude." Stuffy words, yes, but highly consequential.
  • MedusaFelixMedusaFelix Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    huh, makes sense. it's just other college apps demanded honesty in little fine print before asking extensive "do you have any criminal record/have you committed" yadda, yadda...

but I guess every college is different.
  • FindmepeteFindmepete Registered User Posts: 345 Member
    Seek advise from a lawyer - Offenses as a minor generally don't count and maybe removed from your record if you committed did not crimes as an adult. Each state may have different procdures.
This discussion has been closed.