Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What do I do?!

CTran726CTran726 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
edited July 2009 in Rutgers University
My term bill is approximately $6,500 but it should be much greater since room and board isn't included in it yet so it should be like $10,000 or more. I'm worried as how I'm going to pay this off so that I can actually go to college!!!! I'm getting $1,750 in subsidized, $1,000 unsubsidized but someone told me not to do it cause its bad, and $465 Bloustein Award. Alot of people I've asked said do Parent PLUS what do I do for that? And then I also read something bout RUTPP (Rutgers University Tuition Payment Plan)? I'm really scared I won't be able to go to college.
Post edited by CTran726 on

Replies to: What do I do?!

  • kotokoto Registered User Posts: 384 Member
    for all your questions, you should just ask them. calling is the best way to get an answer cause email doesn't work very well, at least in my experience. try calling the main RU offices first and they can redirect you if you need to ask someone else.

    for financial questions, I can't really help you, but try to ask people who've gone to college that you trust for advice.

  • FindmepeteFindmepete Registered User Posts: 345 Member
    Since you have the Boustein Award, do you know if you qualify for the Academic Competivieness Grant as well? It is based on courses you took in high school. Financial aide is good about responding to email, you just have to remember how many students they are trying to help and need to be patient. Also, try hesaa.org if you are a resident of NJ. They will tell you about NJ Class Loans. Rutgers financial is the best place to begin and you are assigned an aid officer based on your last name. Rutgers: Office of Financial Aid
This discussion has been closed.