Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Did anyone received financial award letter and question about the monthly payment?

EBHSSATEBHSSAT Registered User Posts: 209 Junior Member
edited July 2009 in Rutgers University
I'm attending Rutgers this year.
My bill date is due on August 6th, and they haven't been given me the financial award letter yet.
Although I called several times, all they said was just be patient and wait, and I am like hello?

1) Is it common to see changes in financial award letter after you have gotten the letter and paid everything?

2) I am so confused about the montly payment enrollment, could anyone explain?
I understand the basic, but I am not sure if we are allowed to determine the amount of payment for every month.
Has anyone done it? Could you tell me how successful was it?
Post edited by EBHSSAT on

Replies to: Did anyone received financial award letter and question about the monthly payment?

• kotokoto Registered User Posts: 384 Member
    to see all of your financial aid information, log in here.
  • EBHSSATEBHSSAT Registered User Posts: 209 Junior Member
    Thank you for your response, but I already know this website.
  • xGlamxGlam Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    1. I think the only thing that would change in your financial aid award letter would be your NJ Tag since on the award letter it is only an estimate.

2. From what I understand, the monthly payment enrollment thing, you put in the amount you owe on your term bill, and then it will split it into 4-or however many payments that you can choose on the site, equal payments. For example, if you owe 9,000 for this semester's tuition. You can choose a payment plan that has 3 monthly payments for the fall semester and you pay 3,000 each time. Don't forget that you have to pay $50 upfront to enroll in this plan.
  • wabbitrowabbitro Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Call 732-445-7590. ask for an extension on your term bill
  • PortoRocksPortoRocks Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I already signed up for the monthly payments and they processed the amount yesterday. I'm paying for the entire year in 8 months. I checked my term bill and nothing is updated yet. Is it safe to assume the changes will appear Monday on my term bill so I can confirm registration?
  • xGlamxGlam Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    @portorocks: it took me a little less than a week for my payment to show up on the term bill, and it shows up under the same column as the financial aid cr, but ymmv. I also have no idea how to confirm registration but somewhere on the rutgers tuition payment plan they said that they automatically confirm your attendance but you might want to check up on that and report back here and share with us lol.
This discussion has been closed.