Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

SAS Honors Admissions?

Unholy SigmaUnholy Sigma Registered User Posts: 293 Junior Member
edited July 2009 in Rutgers University
Hi, I'm interested in applying to the Rutgers Honors program at the School of Arts and Sciences. My SAT is very high but my GPA is below average. Assuming I have solid recs and EC's, what are my chances for admissions?

GPA: 3.4 UW with the majority of classes either AP or Honors
SAT: 800 CR 680 M 780 W
Post edited by Unholy Sigma on

Replies to: SAS Honors Admissions?

• naoisenaoise Registered User Posts: 408 Member
    hp mainly looks at sat and class rank. they're looking that you're ranked in the top 10% of your class. so how is your class rank? (of course, i have a friend who had good sats but was probably top 20% or so in the class and was still offered hp admission. she had stellar ecs as well (she has a pilot license, most notably) and now attends nyu. so they're kinda flexible).
  • wabbitrowabbitro Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    ur SAT is good enough. i had a 3.6 UW and i got in. just write a good essay and im sure u'll get in. and.. transcripts arent due for rutgers until the end of the year so you have time to boost ur gpa a bit.

im saying this thinking ur entering senior year in high school.
This discussion has been closed.