Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
xs0itg0esxxs0itg0esx Registered User Posts: 865 Member
edited January 2010 in Rutgers University
Should i send in more material to rutgers for further consideration for pres scholarship? I was already admitted to honors program about a month ago.

My stats:

750 math, 730 critical reading, 710 writing (1480/2190), 750 biology m, 780 math II, 720 us history

8 advanced level courses (6 of which were official AP courses)...most rigorous course load of school.

However, I am only top 6% (33/556) with a low A GPA (4.01/4.5) due to my freshman year.

So should i send any/all of these items:

-recommendation(s)... very laudatory btw

-resume

- additional essays (my common app essay is very good)

or would those items be superfluous? With/without those materials, what kind of $$$ am i potentially looking at? from experience or intuition, can someone give me a range?
Post edited by xs0itg0esx on

Replies to: Question

• jerseygirl5jerseygirl5 Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
    In the past it was all about numbers. Supposedly this year there is a holistic review. But since the presidential is a full ride I think they are sticking to over 1500 SAT & top 5% of class. Haven't seen anyone post with lower scores thats been offered it. As far as what kind of offer you get in the past it depended what school you were attending. Don't know if that will still hold true this year. At this point it seems everyone except presidential scholars is just waiting.
  • mamajaymamajay Registered User Posts: 310 Member
    I wouldn't bother sending anything else in - It won't make a difference at this point.

Based on your stats and what they gave out last year, I'd say you're in line for $7500 to $10,000 per year. If you combine that with the Bloustein Scholarship (which you should receive with your stats), that eats up a good chunk of the instate tuition cost.
This discussion has been closed.