Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

How can I work towards getting into Premed at Rutgers?

WeezyyFWeezyyF Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hey everyone, I am a sophomore in HS at the moment and have been looking at colleges for a while. Since I am a NJ resident, I plan to go to Rutgers to save money. I think I want to be a pediatrician. However, I am not aware of the college processes and such. I have heard that if I want to be a pediatrician, i should do a premed major in college. And if I'm going to Rutgers, I should go to the school of environmental and biological sciences. I don't have many extracirriculars, not many really, and i regret it but i don't wish to complain because it is my liability. I have taken a few SATs and I'm taking SAT classes currently, and my first SAT was a 1640. Hopefully by the end it will be atleast an 1800.

About me: GPA in the 90's (school doesn't do 4.0 scale)
-extracirriculars: treasurer of my youth group, will move up 2 positions by senior year, will be a counselor at a camp this summer (getting paid, however last year I didn't get paid), definitly doing some volunteer work at a hospital this summer, thinking about doing winter track next year or spring track, and i don't know much else. i suck at sports. and i'm a mediocre student, maybe a little better.

But what can i do to get into Rutgers school of EaBS?
This discussion has been closed.