Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Help Transfer student fall 10

NJnativeNJnative Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited January 2010 in Rutgers University
I am a student at Brookdale C.C. with a GPA of 3.18 and graduating after this semester with over 64 credits. I never completed 2 units of a foreign language and completing Spanish 2 this spring at my CC. I took the class already twice and had to drop it cause i didnt understand the material. however i am taking it for the final time this spring and will hopefully pass it this time. I sent in all my transcripsts by the deadline and now waiting on their reply. does anyone know the chances are of Rutgers accepting me as a transfer student living in NJ
Post edited by NJnative on

Replies to: Help Transfer student fall 10

• JimgotkpJimgotkp Registered User Posts: 2,854 Senior Member
    I'm not positive but I remember talking to an admissions counselor this past summer and she said if I transferred and got a 3.5+ GPA I'd most likely be accepted. However, I'm not sure how'd they treat your case because I believe she said Brookdale CC is a respected CC. I remember she said that because she asked me which county I was from and I'm from Monmouth County like you probably.
  • thatsthekeythatsthekey Registered User Posts: 304 Member
    Although it never hurts to have a 3.5+, for SAS you wouldn't necessarily need it. They just like a 3.0+ for transfers, but there is no way to be sure and it depends on the school you're applying to. I transferred last fall (SAS) with a 3.26 and I've met other transfers in the 3.0-3.5 range.
  • JimgotkpJimgotkp Registered User Posts: 2,854 Senior Member
    Really? 3.0-3.5 range? This is looking quite optimistic for me then... :)
This discussion has been closed.