Hello! I'm currently a freshman at a top 20 LAC, and not entirely satisfied with my experience here. I'm thinking of transferring for next year, and Rutgers has been one of my considerations. I was wondering if anyone who has previously transferred into Rutgers could answer a few questions for me.
1) What sort of financial aid did you get as a transfer? Also, were you guaranteed housing?
2) How active are the student groups on campus? My school boasts an extensive list of clubs/groups, but I don't really feel like many of them do anything significant.
3) How much is there to do *on campus*? My school is lacking in interesting on-campus activities, and I'm looking for a school that provides.
4) How would you rate the quality of the professors? (I'm considering a major in either journalism or English, if that helps)
5) How has your experience at Rutgers been? In general, and as a transfer student. Was it hard to transfer credits/did the requirements put you behind? My school has no required courses, so transferring to a school where this is not the case might take some adjusting.
Sorry for the lengthy post, but I'm trying very hard to get a good feel for the colleges I'm thinking of transferring to. I apparently didn't do such a good job of that when deciding on a school last year! Anyway, thank you so much for your help!