right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, and Student Voices - vol. 3 eBooks NOW!

whos going?

MegadethfanMegadethfan . 164 replies18 threads Junior Member
whos actually planning on gonig to SDSU ? now that your in
edited March 2006
23 replies
Post edited by Megadethfan on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: whos going?

• GIRLinTHEcurl45GIRLinTHEcurl45 26 replies1 threads New Member
    im going!!! i cant wait!! i also applied to ucsb but i dont think i will get in and its too much money for my family
    wooo go aztecs!!!haha
    · Reply · Share
  • MegadethfanMegadethfan . 164 replies18 threads Junior Member
    oh my same here! besides i was talking to an adviser at my youth n government thing and he said people at sdsu were more academic than at ucsb
    · Reply · Share
  • Grateful_DeadGrateful_Dead 76 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I might be going, but still waiting to here from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Deciding between those two schools
    · Reply · Share
    problem with cal poly is that you can really change your major and if you applied for science or engineering its harder than most ucs in some porgrams...grateful dead are an awesome band
    · Reply · Share
  • cheba63cheba63 383 replies1 threads Member
    I am in same situation as you, waiting on Cal Poly until I make my decision.
    · Reply · Share
  • caliplaya03caliplaya03 485 replies77 threads Member
    I'm waiting to hear from the UC's and Cal Poly until i make my decision
    · Reply · Share
    ucs start coming out tommorow... this is soooo frustraiting...who plans on joing a faternity or soroity while downthere too?
    · Reply · Share
  • ambiguouskid1ambiguouskid1 11 replies4 threads New Member
    just found out i got in to SDSU today..see you all this fall

3.69 GPA
    970 SAT (math and verbal combined)
    · Reply · Share
    congrats!
    im counting down the days....im Maryland its 40 degrees and rainy....im ready to get to san diego now!
    · Reply · Share
    hahaha 40? will its sunny all the time in southern california, i still go out in shorts in january and i LOVE it...thats exactly why i wouldnt go to an east school, why would anyone move away from this great weather?
    · Reply · Share
  • Grateful_DeadGrateful_Dead 76 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Actually its been freezing and raining today here in orange county. although what we think of cold is not what others think of cold who live back east
    · Reply · Share
    thats true it is cold, but i lived in new york for a while and believe this rain is nothing...it would be so cold there my ears would hurt if i go out, and if you wet your hair and go out it freezes and breaks off
    · Reply · Share
    yes!!! its true.....in january i went to vermont snowboarding and walking from the slope to the lodge the snot in your nose froze....its the weirdest feeling ever....i cant explain it
    · Reply · Share
    hahaha, well you wont have to worry about that here, im actually visiting the campus on the 1st to look around and see the queen concert...apparently alot of the concerts in san diego take place at sdsu .
    · Reply · Share
  • TonyLTH12TonyLTH12 680 replies103 threads Member
    Is anyome going to the invite for admitted students?
    · Reply · Share
    do you mean freshman orientation? or the open house in april?
    · Reply · Share
    ya im going to the one in los angeles, in the sherton..i had to make invitations...what open house in april?
    · Reply · Share
  • ambiguouskid1ambiguouskid1 11 replies4 threads New Member
    ya ill be there at the Open House thingy on April..so i'll see anyone else thats going there
    · Reply · Share
    april? isnt march 11?
    · Reply · Share
  • WalnutsWalnuts 24 replies2 threads New Member
    I'll go unless I get rescued by a late admission to Cal Poly.

Keep in mind that the traffic/freeway is absolutely crazy in the San Diego region. Starting last year, there has been a massive freeway reconstruction project that is planned to carry on until 2007 and possibly later. I just found out that the freeway exit near my house is going to be closed from mid-March to December. That's 9 months of detours! Unless you live on campus or nearby, you'll have to endure 2 hours of traffic each day on commute to and from campus.

This isn't the same ol' San Diego the Beach Boys sang about. It is no longer the laid back and relaxed military town. Just 10 years ago, we didn't even have a rush hour. One would be able to drive from Kearny Mesa to Escondido in about half an hour from 4 pm to 5 pm. Nowadays, the same route takes 2 hours in that time frame. It's a crowded mess and will continue to be even after they add 2 lanes because people, good U.S. citizens/residents and illegal immigrants alike, will never cease to swarm into this city.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity