Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Does SDSU look at applications holistically?

hichristenhichristen Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
Hi all,

I'm sorry if this question seems like it's been asked hundreds of times before, but I tried looking into the website and into the CSU application and it won't let me in. I will be applying to SDSU for Fall 2015 and I was wondering what do they require when applying. One of my friends said that I will need to write an essay, and the other two said an essay isn't required... but when I looked it up on the internet, I couldn't find an answer to my question. So what does SDSU look for in applications? Do they require an essay?

Replies to: Does SDSU look at applications holistically?

• grgscrjrgrgscrjr Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    There is no essay requirement for the CSU application (to date). You can review the admission criteria here:

http://arweb.sdsu.edu/es/admissions/freshmen/index.html

• NCalRentNCalRent Registered User Posts: 5,682 Senior Member
    SDSU is one of the most selective CSUs. No essay, no consideration for ECs. They simply aggregate your test scores and relavent grades. The threshold varies a bit by major but, a 3.7 GPA and 1200/1600 SAT will probably get you in.

Good luck.
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 23,151 Forum Champion
    Almost all the Cal States (except SLO) use the Eligibility Index for admission. For SAT: (Math+Critical Reading) + GPA Weighted x800. For ACT: (GPA Weighted x 200) + (10 x ACT Composite). The weighted GPA is the CSU/UC GPA using up to 8 semesters of Honors/AP Classes. If you above 4000 for SAT or 1000 For ACT then you have a good chance for acceptance at SDSU.
  • hichristenhichristen Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    Awesome! Thanks so much everyone! :) So no ECs are considered either...? Wow!
This discussion has been closed.