right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Registration for Classes

alexkayonalexkayon 18 replies41 threads Junior Member
If I got a late date for registration to sign up for classes does that mean I could not get some classes and I’d have to graduate later or does it just mean I will maybe not get them at the day of the week I prefer?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Registration for Classes

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 31191 replies503 threads Forum Champion
    There is always a chance you might not get your first choice classes meaning preferred Professor or time, but as an in-coming Freshman you will be able to get classes needed for your degree progress ie. major and GE courses. Some classes for your major are pre-req’s which needed to be completed in a specific sequence, but GE’s can be flexible so have several options when going to orientation/registration.

Have you looked up the mymap for your major which outlines a 4 year plan? Also do you have any AP credit coming in as a Freshman? AP credit can allow to opt out of some GE and pre-req courses freeing up your schedule and allowing more flexibility.

https://sunspot.sdsu.edu/pubred/!mymap.disp
    · Reply · Share
  • texcalmomtexcalmom 64 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Here’s the list of AP to college credit

http://advising.sdsu.edu/_resources/pdf/APCredit2016-17.pdf
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity