right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Should I transfer to UCSD or SDSU?

candy124candy124 0 replies1 threads New Member
I am having trouble deciding where to go right now.

I am currently a community college student earning their associates and was accepted to both UCSD John Muir and SDSU for Fall 2020. I was accepted at both schools as a General Biology major. With the COVID-19 pandemic going on, its been really difficult coming to a conclusion on where I should transfer considering no schools are allowing tours and online learning system. They have virtual tours but it's still hard to picture yourself on the campus.

Here is what I have so far in my opinion on both schools

SDSU:
- Literally minutes from home
- Cheaper tuition
- Done some research and still a very good school but not as competitive at UCSD
- Smaller class ratios and more classroom interaction

UCSD
- Somewhat close to home ~30 - 40 min
- One of the best schools in the nation
- Very focused on biology
- VERY expensive (and there isn't a lot of money right now considering the pandemic)
- Read that it is very competitive and hard which scares me and doesn't sound like me
- The quarter system which is something new to me and have heard it's very stressful

My current plan after I receive my bachelor's is to go to PA school and become a Physicians Assistant.
I really like both schools but I am very undecided on where to go. I want to know if I were to decided to go to SDSU, would I still be at a competitive or good place for PA school? Is SDSU also a good school for people looking to go into the medical field? I also want to go to UCSD but the financial situation right now is very confusing and the competitive environment there doesn't sound like me. But I would love to hear experiences of both UCSD and SDSU in Biology Major.

Thank you!
0 replies
· Reply · Share