right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

CSU's using CAASP Test Scores for Admission

collegecrazy21collegecrazy21 22 replies4 threads Junior Member
My son was working on his CSU application and it asked if he would...

"authorize the California Department of Education to release my California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) score report to the California State University for the purpose of credit, placement, determination of readiness for college-level coursework, or admission."

His school didn't take the CAASP test last year because of COVID. His only scores are from middle school. Are they going to use his middle school scores? How is this any more fair than people not being able to take the ACT/SAT? He has an ACT score from 10th grade.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: CSU's using CAASP Test Scores for Admission

• SactoMom21SactoMom21 21 replies4 threads Junior Member
    We saw that pop up too and I was surprised. I don’t think my son took that either, but we are going to check with his counselor to see if she knows what this is about.
    · Reply · Share