right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Fall 2021 Transfer Admissions for SDSU

Bre_CarreonBre_Carreon 2 replies1 threads New Member
Hi guys, it doesn't look like one has been started yet so I guess I'll start this out. Post your stats, admission decision (eventually) and your questions :)

Degree: ADT, business admin
GPA: 3.44
Golden 4: completed
Local: no, but transferring from san diego mesa
Major: Business admin (marketing)

Wrapping up my application now for SDSU and San Marcos! Good luck everyone!
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Fall 2021 Transfer Admissions for SDSU

• makeupyourmindmakeupyourmind 39 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @Bre_Carreon
    Thanks for starting this tread!

Degree: ADT, business admin
    GPA: 3.84
    Golden 4: completed
    Local: no, orange county.
    Major: Business admin

I applied for fall 2020 and was denied. I applied for spring 2021 and I am awaiting a decision. I will submit my fall 2021 application too- third times a charm?? I

Good luck to all applicants!!
    · Reply · Share
  • GracefffaceGraceffface 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hello !
    Did you find out why you were denied ? Your stats seem pretty competitive !
    · Reply · Share
  • makeupyourmindmakeupyourmind 39 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Hi @Graceffface
    I applied for FalI 2020 as a marketing major. At that time, I did not have my ADT and my GPA was 3.56. I had the major prep courses completed for an ADT, but I did not realize I needed more major preps for the very impacted major. I applied for Spring 2021 for the same major but was denied with a 3.72 GPA. I still had one class outstanding for major prep. For Fall 2021, my third try, I have all my major prep classes completed, my ADT completed, with the GPA bump to 3.84. If I don't get in this time, I have given it my all, and I have to assume it was not meant to be. I was warned by my CC counselor that SDSU is a very tough transfer for business administration majors, but it is my #1 choice, so its worth a third shot...
    · Reply · Share
  • Bre_CarreonBre_Carreon 2 replies1 threads New Member
    edited November 17
    There isn't a transfer pathway for ADT to marketing (unfortunately), only for business admin. So you're saying that this time around, you applied with your ADT to business admin- for the first time out of your attempts right? That makes me feel a little better because at first I was like woah.. how did they not get in?! I feel like you'll have a way better chance now. I know priority is first given to locals, then to ADT applicants, then to the rest of everyone else.
    edited November 17
    · Reply · Share