right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

CSUN TO SDSU Transfer

CSUTOUCTransferCSUTOUCTransfer 1 replies3 threads New Member
edited October 10 in San Diego State University
Hi Everyone!

I am looking to transfer from Cal State Northridge to San Diego State Univeristy! I am a Computer Science major. I already have more than 60 credits as a sophomore and upon transfer I will have close to 80. I am taking classes in math and computer science that are way past the requirements needed to transfer! I will have a 3.8 GPA upon transfer and applying. It is my second year at Cal State Northridge currently. In terms of Extra Curriculars, I have my own company and I am the C.T.O. I am using my computer science background and incorporating that into my business.

I would love to get everyone's opinions on how I look based off of this information alone. Also, I would love all the tips I can get to enhance my application to further increase my chances of getting in! I would also especially like tips on how to approach the Essays and personal insight questions.

Thank you and feel free to ask questions I am an open book!
edited October 10
3 replies
Post edited by Ohm888 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: CSUN TO SDSU Transfer

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 31317 replies532 threads Forum Champion
    I do not have any 2020 data for Transfer applicants but for 2019, SDSU received 993 Transfer applicants for CS and admitted 98. SDSU also has a heavy preference for local CC transfers.

You have a competitive GPA which should help your chances. Best of luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • CSUTOUCTransferCSUTOUCTransfer 1 replies3 threads New Member
    HI,

Thank you for your reply. Is there anything else I could do to increase my chances?
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 31317 replies532 threads Forum Champion
    Since SDSU only considers your CSU transferable GPA and completion of the transfer course requirements, there is really nothing you can do to make yourself more competitive at this point.

https://sunspot.sdsu.edu/pubred/!tap.disp
    · Reply · Share