right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Accepted!

ashleybrooke9589ashleybrooke9589 34 replies16 threads Junior Member
edited January 2008 in San Diego State University
i just checked my email and they sent me a happy holidays email that said congrats on your offer of admission. then i checked my webportal and i was admitted! yayyy!! anyone else get that email and accepted also??
edited January 2008
17 replies
Post edited by ashleybrooke9589 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Accepted!

• JtotheEWJtotheEW 35 replies7 threads Junior Member
    yes, i got in. I think they automatically admit people with high enough grades and sats
    · Reply · Share
  • ashleybrooke9589ashleybrooke9589 34 replies16 threads Junior Member
    what were your grades and sat scores?
    · Reply · Share
  • Adultparentmom!Adultparentmom! 247 replies3 threads Junior Member
    My daughter got the letter today, (and the email). She is in, too. She also received an acceptance to a wonderful private christian university with a scholarship, so that gives her three choices, so far. I think she applied to nine colleges. San Diego State is a great school, not religious, of course. Early notification is a great thing. San Diego sent a small envelope.
    · Reply · Share
  • JtotheEWJtotheEW 35 replies7 threads Junior Member
    3.7 gpa with 1230 sat 15-20 hrs of work. mechanical engineering
    · Reply · Share
  • east coastereast coaster 25 replies3 threads New Member
    My daughter also received her acceptance yesterday via the on-line holiday e-card. Very exciting! For those of you who've been accepted, but aren't sure yet if you'll be attending..how late do you think you can wait to reserve a room if you're hoping to get a good housing assignment? Also if any SDSU students are on this thread..any suggestions for dorms? Thanks..
    · Reply · Share
  • SoCal18SoCal18 1331 replies343 threads Senior Member
    east coaster,

New for Fall 2008, if you send in your License Agreement by April 1st, you will be guaranteed housing. Starting in February, admitted students can apply.

And I just recently spoke to a friend of mine who goes there, and she really recommended Cuicacalli Suites. However, if your daughter would prefer a more traditional dorm, my friend recommended Zura. And Tenochca is similar to Zura, but Zura is supposedly more fun...so whatever environment your daughter wants. Also there is Chapultepec, which she said was nicer than Zura/Tenochca, but the dorms aren't anywhere close to the other dorms, and it's not as close to everything.

My friend waited too long for her housing agreement, and got placed in the Aztec Corner Apartments. She said they are really nice, but she wishes she was in the dorms.
    · Reply · Share
  • fa-la-la-lenafa-la-la-lena 2790 replies54 threads Senior Member
    I got the email holiday card also! Surprising too, as I thought it would take until March to get a decision, as I was an OOS applicant
    · Reply · Share
    SoCal18,
    thank you so much for the information..I'll share it with my daughter. Do you know if students generally live in the dorms past their freshman year? If not, how's the off campus housing situation?. Also wondering..since we haven't been to the campus yet..is there a "college town" surrounding campus?..trying to get a sense of how much a "commuter school" SDSU might be..thanks again..
    · Reply · Share
  • GratefulDebGratefulDeb 33 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Just wondering what your stats were for an out of stater. My daughter has a 3.58 and a 950 on the SAT or 20 on the ACT
    · Reply · Share
  • Aztec09Aztec09 273 replies25 threads Junior Member
    Zura was a lot of fun. Different than Tenochca, not the traditional hallways. and yes east coaster...there is a ccollege town feel. At times it seems like College and Montezuma are too busy to make a real college town feel(like SB and SLO), but come the weekend from 63rd to 54th, and all around state becomes a college town
    · Reply · Share
    Hi GratefulDeb,
    My daughter, an out-of-stater, had 4.09 and 1210.
    · Reply · Share
    thank you for the info about the dorms and the surrounding area..what do SB and SLO stand for?
    · Reply · Share
  • ashleybrooke9589ashleybrooke9589 34 replies16 threads Junior Member
    sb is santa barbara as in university of california, santa barbara. and slo is san luis obispo, where cal poly is located
    · Reply · Share
  • fa-la-la-lenafa-la-la-lena 2790 replies54 threads Senior Member
    i got a 33 act and a 4.0 Cal state gpa (3.75 unweighted)
    · Reply · Share
  • SeniorSlackerSeniorSlacker 307 replies14 threads Member
    I got that holiday email too! I was so excited as it came earlier than expected and was also my first acceptance!

Cal State GPA: 3.93
    SAT CR: 720
    SAT Math: 690
    · Reply · Share
  • Shaggy13Shaggy13 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Do you guys think I'll get in? I applied like a week before the deadline:

2.75 CSU GPA (2.95 total)
    1700 SAT (1160 Critical Reading + Math)
    3 AP US History
    4 AP World History
    2 Years Varsity Football
    · Reply · Share
  • codyz15codyz15 55 replies23 threads Junior Member
    Your gpa is too low. The average gpa last year for admitted freshman was a 3.63. Your gpa isnt high enough.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity