right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Can I make it into San Diego State University

wanmowerwanmower 0 replies3 threads New Member
Can I make it into San Diego State University? Im an instate applicant, but out of service area.
My eligiblity index is 3372 (2.9 GPA & 1010 CR + Math)

what are my chances?

also, what about other CSUs. Mostly San Jose Sate, CSU Sacramento, Sonoma State, CSU Fresno, and Humboldt?

Thanks
edited March 2010
9 replies
Post edited by wanmower on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Can I make it into San Diego State University

• naixn92naixn92 509 replies13 threads Member
    GPA is on the low side, it might hurt you. Average SAT scores though. I would say a low reach.

SJSU -high match
    CSU Sacramento - match
    Sonoma State - match
    CSU Fresno - high match, maybe low reach
    Humboldt - match, probably in.

if you leave near any of these schools, you might have a higher chance for like sjsu.
    · Reply · Share
  • hi_im_leilahi_im_leila 1981 replies43 threads Senior Member
    SDSU is getting harder to get into every year, and since you're out of their service area with an OK gpa/SAT score, I'd call it a reach.

You should have better luck at the other CSUs you mentioned, however. I think you'd be able to get into most of them.
    · Reply · Share
  • mistariapottermistariapotter 66 replies5 threads Junior Member
    chance me too <3
    civil engineering
    sat 1950 (cr+ math =1300)
    gpa 3.7

and cal poly
    arch engine
    · Reply · Share
    mistariapotter, we have the same major! i didnt know that. haha.

you'll get in SDSU.
    hope we'll both get in cal poly though!

good luck!

ps: architecture acceptance started today. check your calpoly!
    · Reply · Share
  • mistariapottermistariapotter 66 replies5 threads Junior Member
    CRAP IM SO SCARED ABOUT CAL POLY LOL CAUSE THT SCHOOL IS MY DREAM!!! u have arch engine?
    · Reply · Share
    nah, i have civil engineering. i think we talked once on the cal poly thread after we got both deferred from ED. lol. yeah good luck to you though!
    · Reply · Share
  • ChandlerBing92ChandlerBing92 153 replies3 threads Junior Member
    SDSU's a reach, I got rejected with 520M/610CR (1130) and 3.6 weighted GPA. It's a pretty tough schools to get into. You'll probably get into the rest of the CSU's you mentioned though (: SD, Cal Poly SLO and LB are the really tough ones.
    · Reply · Share
  • mattrice92mattrice92 62 replies4 threads Junior Member
    It could happen, but I got rejected with a 1220 SAT and 3.5 CSU GPA. Those somehow got me into Cal Poly SLO, though, so it's cool.
    · Reply · Share
  • ShibykinShibykin 796 replies13 threads Member
    That's weird mattrice. I got in with a 3.4 CSU GPA and 1390 SAT I *old one <.<* Business Admin/Marketing. Ehh well I forgot I applied here but happy I got in :). *shows how much I care for certain schools <.<*
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity