Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

my chances???

curi123curi123 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
will ACT 30/SAT 2020 work??
survived cancer thrice in 1 year, all 5s in APs, SAT2 750/770 in bio and US history, rank 14/299 film maker and author (pre publication), international non profit, current income 60K, UPenn - ED, do you think I stand a chance? Should I just stick to second tier and save app costs? Please help!!
Post edited by curi123 on

Replies to: my chances???

• Jared53Jared53 Registered User Posts: 216 Junior Member
    Impressive list of achievments their, also congradulations on beating cancer! Based on that list, and not your GPA which is absent you have an good chance for Upenn.
  • curi123curi123 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks, GPA - 4.0 unweighted, 5.15 weighted. I am not happy with my ACT (I went without prep, since I had no time and little energy). I also did research work at cancer lab, very interested in bringing new treatments to market and available to patients. I am interested in LSM, which is very competitive. Will I ruin my chances at Upenn if I did apply to LSM and get rejected. I do have option of applying to School of Arts and Sciences or Business, if I do not get accepted in LSM.
  • glidoglido Registered User Posts: 5,953 Senior Member
    Go for UPenn. Write a great essay,
This discussion has been closed.