Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.


1000 Ducklings1000 Ducklings Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
Hi guys, I have a question. I am a senior.

For many reasons, I decided not to do Early Decision at the school I wanted to, and I am happy with the decision. I'll apply regular anyways, and my options are open.

However, this decision opened up the chance for me to take the Oct.9 SAT and Nov.SAT.
I have not prepared at all for the SAT ever since June, when I got my high-score, and decided to do ED to that particular school.

Now that I have decided against ED, and I am happy with this choice, should I do standby testing for the October9 SAT, or wait until the November test date? I am very sure if I go into the October test date as a standby, I would not be able to score as high as I did in June. However, with a little studying, I may do better on the November test date.

I just don't want the colleges to wonder why I didn't take the SAT in October when I took in November.

What would you do? Thank you in advance!
Post edited by 1000 Ducklings on

Replies to: Decided not to do ED -- SHOULD I STANDBY FOR OCTOBER?

  • griffengriffen Registered User Posts: 1,033 Senior Member
    Colleges will not care whether you take the test in Nov or Oct so long as you get your scores in by the deadlines. Take it when you feel you have the best shot at doing your best. From your post it sounds like that is November. Did you self report that you will be taking the test in October? - is that why you are concerned what they will think about you not testing then? Really, it's no problem. Also, if you told the school on your app or supp that you will be applying ED and you are now switching to RD, be really sure you have communicated that change to the admissions office so they get the info into your file.
  • 1000 Ducklings1000 Ducklings Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    Thank you very much for the reply, griffen.
    I have not applied to that school yet, so I do not need to contact them about anything. I have not told them that I will be taking the October SAT. I will take it in November, when I know I will feel more ready.
This discussion has been closed.