right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Please help me choose prep books!

CmonSonCmonSon 131 replies8 postsRegistered User Junior Member
So, I'm done with the spring SAT testing, and I have to say, I am pretty disappointed with my results. I scored:
SAT I: 1870
SAT II:
Math Lvl 2 - 620 (seriously, I don't know what happened, I couldn't get such a weak score even if I tried)
WR History - 610 (that's weird too, I thought I would get over 600...)

My goals are:
SAT I: 2000+
SAT II:
Math Lvl 2 - 750 to 800
US History - 700+

Now, I need prep books to study from this summer, therefore I seriously need you advice. For SAT I, I already went through the blue book and I don't think it could be any useful anymore. I am thinking of subscribing to the official online course for practice tests, and getting Barron's 2400 book. Any opinions or suggestions on my choice?

For Maths test, I still have the Barron's prep book, I haven't done any practice tests, so I'll get a graphing calc and try to use the book to it's full potential. Which graphing calc should I get? I need the one that's easiest to get used to. Ti-84 perhaps?

Now, the History test. I only took Euro history in HS, and I didn't do too well on WR history test because I knew absolutely nothing about Asia and India, which was probably 50% of the test lol. I won't be able to retake WR History so I'll take US history. What book should I get? I am very unfamiliar with US history, so I need the most detailed book I can get.

Thank you for your time and input.
edited July 2011
7 replies
Post edited by CmonSon on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Please help me choose prep books!

• glidoglido 5965 replies25 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    "WR History - 610 (that's weird too, I thought I would get over 600...)"
    610 > 600.

Get the College Board Blue Book for the SAT 1.
    · Reply · Share
  • CmonSonCmonSon 131 replies8 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    yeah i know i meant to write 'wouldnt'

I said that I already went through all the tests in that book. I have that book.
    · Reply · Share
  • gooberboardgooberboard 67 replies6 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    I don't recommend using online courses. At least for me I always get distracted when my computer is on and it is harder to use POE etc. For the SAT I use the Princeton Review 10 practice test book, I used it after I completed my blue book (twice).

For Math 2 I reluctantly used the barron prep book. It was VERY hard to an annoying extent. While I got a score I was aiming for I contribute that to my own abilities rather than the usefulness of the prep book. Basically, Barron review guides are very hard and if you want to be very thorough use them, but they can take a lot of time and be very frustrating.

Calculator: Ti-83/84 is AMAZING. Learn a few tricks with the calculator and it will help you go through all the problems faster than a scientific calculator. There are a few posts that outline beneficial ti-84 practices.
    · Reply · Share
    Thank's for the info ppl. Anyone's got any ideas on US history?

Oh, and I get distracted doing tests online too, but I think/hope that you can print out the tests on the online course? Anyone?
    · Reply · Share
    Bump 10char
    · Reply · Share
    Bump cmon anyone?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity