Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

How to get 1800+ on SAT?

tahoe23tahoe23 - Posts: 310 Member
Hi I only got around 160 on my PSAT without studying and I wanna raise that, but I don't know a good method for studying or WHAT to study for that matter.
I want to get into a good school because I have around a 4.3-4.4 GPA, going to have around 200 hours of community service, play basketball, baseball, and football, all of that.. But I'm afraid test scores will help me :(

What did you do to get high scores?
Post edited by tahoe23 on

Replies to: How to get 1800+ on SAT?

• yodeloyodelo Registered User Posts: 1,074 Senior Member
    Read articles/newspapers/memorize directHits for CR
    writing and math are all about doing practice problems and understanding your errors!
  • minnesotafatsminnesotafats Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    Take practice tests out of Blue Book. Use first practice as a baseline score and then set improvement goals. REALLY understand what you got wrong and work problems to reinforce that understanding. Focus on your weakpoints first. Blue Book, Quick Hits, Barrons 2400. Give yourself 3 months and set up a study plan. If you are not self motivated, employ your parents, a tutor or class to help.
This discussion has been closed.