Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

self study for ap in one DAY!!!!

CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,363 Senior Member
are people who say they studied for the self studied for the ap test a day before and scored above 4..???? or are they just exagerating?

and people who says they studied for statistics for a week.. how many hours in a week did you study for it..

considering you're not taking the class.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Replies to: self study for ap in one DAY!!!!

• evil_asian_dictatorevil_asian_dictator - Posts: 2,306 Senior Member
    Yo, I reckon I will open my Statistics book and start self-studying the material a couple of weekends before the AP test.
  • oasisoasis Registered User Posts: 2,069 Senior Member
    There are some "easy" APs that could be done in a short scope.

Some examples that I've seen personally done (in a week or less than a week) are Psych, Env Sci, Eco, Stats, Human Geo.

I don't think Statistics will be very hard if you already have a solid foundation in math. At any rate, AP Statistics (note: not "REAL" statistics) is much easier than either Calculuses.
  • obsessedAndreobsessedAndre Registered User Posts: 240 Junior Member
    I think the key to understanding those claims is to understand that those people already had exceptionally strong background in the topics, compared to the average student.

For example, I did virtually zero prep for AP U.S History (and did I not take the class either), but I got 5. The catch is, I've been a history buff my whole life.
  • Sly SiSly Si Registered User Posts: 938 Member
    With AP tests, my impression is that a decent background in the subjects plus being good at taking tests is an unstoppable combination. (This is why, IMHO, the AP system is extremely flawed.)

I took honors Bio my sophomore year during fall semester, and the class wasn't that great. I took it seriously, but most students did not, and not much was taught at a very high level. I didn't touch bio again until test day, and I got a 5. So I guess that's self-study in zero days. However, the amount of material that I actually know is significantly smaller than what that score would suggest.
  • firehydra2kfirehydra2k Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    With the AP tests, I think it depends on your background. You could study for them, but if you don't have the passion forPhysics or US History, you'll probably get a 2 or maybe a 3. I got a 2 on APUSH (it's not my strong subject), but duced the math one with a 5.

But I wouldn't worry about them too much. I don't really like collegeboard, and some of their tests are overrated.
This discussion has been closed.