Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SAT Score Clarification and Writing Help Needed

robmartinirobmartini Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
SAT: 750 CR 800 M 650 W - 2200

I'm a junior and taking the SAT one more time in October in hopes to increase CR and especially W.

Will top colleges prioritize CR+M more than the CR+M+W, or does this low W score put me at a disadvantage amongst applicants, regarding test scores, in the top twenty universities in the US?

Any tips to help me with W would be GREATLY appreciated. A pattern I've found during studying (and then reviewing what I got wrong) is that 99% of the questions I get wrong on the MC are ones I immediately understand why I got it wrong and the what the rule behind the right answer. Does that indicate that I should drill myself more on the rules since I recognize all of them but fail to pick a several consistently?

Thanks in advance!

Replies to: SAT Score Clarification and Writing Help Needed

• marvin100marvin100 Registered User Posts: 9,285 Senior Member
    Does that indicate that I should drill myself more on the rules since I recognize all of them but fail to pick a several consistently?

Yep. Good luck--and congrats on terrific CR and M scores.
This discussion has been closed.