Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

ACT Practice Tests and Study Techniques

ChambersChambers Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Hello Everyone,

I am taking the ACT this February, and I have two questions about studying with practice tests...

First, where do I find practice tests? I requested a recent version of the Real ACT Guide from the the library, and have begun using tests available online. Can you recommend any other resources for practice tests (or, tell me which resources to avoid)?

Second, how do I patch my knowledge based on the questions I get incorrect on the practice tests? Getting a math question about permutations incorrect is easy...look up "permuations" online or in a math book. However, some questions are a bit more difficult...such as something like, "What is the primary effect of changing any instances of 'you/your' to 'one' in this paragraph?" Should I try to study such questions, or should I just keep taking practice tests to get a feel for the ACT's grading practices?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Post edited by gcf101 on

Replies to: ACT Practice Tests and Study Techniques

• ChambersChambers Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    I should have said this in my first post: If you can save yourself time by directing me to a thread where one/both of my questions were addressed, feel free to do so.
This discussion has been closed.