Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is it possible to take SAT subject tests and ACT?

Cheeks2233Cheeks2233 Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
So I am Planning on taking the regular SAT and getting a 2390 and 3 subject tests: biology, chemistry, and physics and the ACT, and score at least 790 on the subject tests and 35 on the ACT. My goals are to get into one of the following Universities:

- Columbia University (requires an ACT score of 33 and 2215 on SAT along with 2 subject tests)
- Johns Hopkins University (requires an ACT score of 35 and 2117 on SAT, subject tests are recommended)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (requires an ACT score of 34 and 2350 SAT, with 3 subject tests)
- Stanford University (requires an ACT score of 33 and 2350 SAT, subject tests are recommended)

I'm taking the following classes to help me with the subject tests and ACT:

- AP Biology
- AP Physics 1
- AP Chemistry
- AP Psychology
- Spanish 3
- Algebra 2

Any thoughts??

Replies to: Is it possible to take SAT subject tests and ACT?

• MITer94MITer94 Registered User Posts: 4,747 Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    @Cheeks2233 Reread what you posted, and check whether it makes sense.

You cannot possibly score 2390 since the new SAT is now in effect.

Also, those scores you put there have nothing to do with "requirements" and most of the info you spat out is flat-out false.
  • mamaedefamiliamamaedefamilia Registered User Posts: 3,054 Senior Member
    No need to take both SAT and ACT unless you score poorly in one format and think you might do better with the other.
  • Kaos2015Kaos2015 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Yes you can, but as others before me have indicated,,,save your money as it's overkill. My kids were strong in math and science and did much better on the ACT.
  • YoLololololYoLolololol Registered User Posts: 394 Member
    edited March 2016
    Those schools don't "require" ACT/SAT scores.........
This discussion has been closed.