Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SAT II sign up

NewbyNewby Registered User Posts: 454 Member
say if i sign up for Jan 22's biology test, will i be able to add a writing test on the day of the test at the testing centre???
Post edited by Newby on

Replies to: SAT II sign up

• tanmantanman Registered User Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    You can add or change any tests that you want on test day. If you changed from a subject test to the writing test, you will be billed the difference in price (I think it's $9). Same is true if you add an additional test (you will be billed $8 for the extra tests).However, if you reduce the number of tests that you take or switch out of a writing test, you will not get a refund
  • NewbyNewby Registered User Posts: 454 Member
    this may sound stupid, but how sure are u? has anyone done this b4?
    There was some confusion about this earlier in the year, so I emailed College Board to get an official answer. To quote from the reply I received,

"You do not need to notify us if you wish to delete, change or add to any of the Subject Tests for which you are registered unless it is a listening test in November ... The fee for the Writing Test is $17, the Language Tests with Listening are $18, and all other Subject Tests are $8. If you register for a Subject Test but take the Writing Test, you will be billed for the difference. There are no refunds for subjects not taken."
    I forgot to write this earlier, but when you take the SAT II's you get one booklet that contains all the SAT II tests so it makes no difference to them what you sign up for versus what you actually take (as long as they get their money)
    another question:
    i was going it sign up for the bio test which is $8
    here is my bill:
    SAT subject test (basic/registration reporting fee) $17
    international processing fee $20
    biology test $8
    tax $3.15
    total $48.15
    so if i add another test at testing centre, do they just add $17 for the writing test or are they gonna add the international processingfee (20) and basic reporting fee (17)??????
    could someone plz answer this?????????
    The basic registration is definately a one time fee. The international fee is listed on the CB website under "(add to total test fees)" so it looks like that is a one time fee also. So, if you add a writing test, you should only be charged the $17 for the writing test (plus possibly sales tax).

You might want to email the CB to confirm
This discussion has been closed.