Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Extremely bad test taker + test anxiety! Please help me

softiestudiessoftiestudies Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
Hi everyone!

I have a really bad case of test anxiety almost every time I take my ACT or SAT. I feel like an idiot because I can't manage my time and I process things a lot slower. Right now I'm a rising senior in high school and I just took my June ACT. I'm so scared because I'm running out of time to get a good score. I've practiced and practiced as much as I could but while taking the practice exams I get emotional and I feel really stupid. My dream school is Georgetown. I got an 1120 on my last SAT but I'm not sure what I got on this past exam. I get so freaked out by the times of the tests and I always feel like it will be better the next test. My grades and EC's are very solid. But I want to get a good score on this before I start taking the necessary subject tests.

Do you have any tips for me? Any previous experiences? Test taking strategies when it comes to reading section (my worst section)? Is there still hope? Do I have still have time before regular and early decision? I made an honest mistake by not focusing on it as much as I should've because of grades. Is there still hope that I can get into Georgetown, Northwestern, UChicago, and other prestigious institutions. Or will I be rejected because I'm a terrible test taker?

Thank you so much for all the response I need all the help I can get

Replies to: Extremely bad test taker + test anxiety! Please help me

• writergirl0316writergirl0316 Registered User Posts: 342 Member
    Didn't you post that you got a 31 on your ACT? That score is much better than an 1120 and is significantly closer to a score that makes you competitive for Georgetown.