Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Quick Question

Halisic100Halisic100 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited July 2017 in College Admissions
Hello! I took the ACT a few months ago and I got a 12 on the writing portion. I am not applying to any Ivy League college or any college that requires the writing portion. Can this score still help me with the admissions process? Or will they just completely look over this score despite it being a perfect 12? Thanks for your time!

Replies to: Quick Question

• skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 43,634 Super Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Can this score still help me with the admissions process?
    Well, it won't hurt you. But if your question is "Will AO's go 'Oooooooh, this applicant got a 12 - how impressive'" the answer is no. If it's not required/recommended, it's unlikely to have any impact at all. Good job, though, and good luck.
  • ConcernedRabbitConcernedRabbit Registered User Posts: 486 Member
    I think that the best way that twelve is going to help you is this. You are clearly good at writing, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten it. I think that as a result, your essays will be very good. That's most likely to be the biggest impact.
This discussion has been closed.