Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

740 on Biology M

moonquismmoonquism Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
I took the Biology M SAT Subject Test this past year after taking honors biology, and I got a 740. I'm not really aiming for any of those big schools like the ivies, MIT, etc., but maybe a local school like Stony Brook University. Do you think I'd be able to get into Stony Brook or any better schools if I keep going on this track?

Replies to: 740 on Biology M

• sternintrainingsternintraining Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    It depends on your major, your GPA, your SAT, ACT, and extracurriculars. One bad grade won't do too much harm. Just keep an upward trend, and try not to jump WAY too far ahead (I tried taking AP Bio and failed, as a freshman with zero biology experience).
  • TheGreyKingTheGreyKing Forum Champion Williams College Posts: 2,121 Forum Champion
    740 is a great score. For any school.
  • VickiSoCalVickiSoCal Registered User Posts: 3,364 Senior Member
    One bad grade? What is bad about this score?
  • moonquismmoonquism Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    Next year I'm taking the chemistry SAT and Math 1 probably
    And I'm taking AP World but I'm going to self study AP Human Geography bc I honestly think I'm going to get like a 2 on world because I hate history, and hopefully do better on the other one
  • moonquismmoonquism Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    Oh also I have like no extracurriculars except winter and spring track and this volunteer thing at my mom's job, so should I join a club or something
This discussion has been closed.