Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Best SAT math prep book for a person with a score of 500 aiming for an 800

jack101jack101 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
i am looking for an sat math book that would enable me to increase by 300 points ( i know i have to be motivated lol) also i would very much like this book to have lots of content review not just "tricks", so does anyone have any suggestions as to what the best book for me is?

Replies to: Best SAT math prep book for a person with a score of 500 aiming for an 800

• annamomannamom Registered User Posts: 1,449 Senior Member
    which level of Math did you finish?
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 41,566 Senior Member
    Are you a sophomore or a junior?
    Why 800?
    Your first goal should be to get to 600. For that, you need to increase mastery of algebra and geometry.
  • MITer94MITer94 Registered User Posts: 4,747 Senior Member
    Your first goal should be to get to 600. For that, you need to increase mastery of algebra and geometry.
    True that, although I suggest focusing more on the "mastery" part rather than the numerical score (e.g. 600 or 700). For that, you'll probably want to review your algebra 1/2 or geometry books, make sure you understand all the topics and theorems covered, perhaps try proving them or solving other problems on your own.

I can't recommend any prep books since I have not used one nor am I that familiar with the revised SAT, but gaining a better grasp of the topics with or without a prep book should be your first priority.
  • student0517student0517 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    mcgraw hill
This discussion has been closed.