Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Recommended Books for the SAT?

AgroupAgroup Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
Hey, I am looking to buy a book for the sat. I already have taken it once and I had used sat mcgraw- hill education 2017. Do you guys recommend any books that you used and you found beneficial in increasing your score? thanks.

Replies to: Recommended Books for the SAT?

• SMMom1SMMom1 College Rep Posts: 111 Junior Member
    I like the SAT Prep Black Book on Amazon because it gives tons of test-taking strategies.
  • janeaustenloverjaneaustenlover Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    The official college board book which includes 8 practice tests. Use that and Khan Academy and you'll be all set.
  • ucsdbio2022ucsdbio2022 Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    Books by Erica Meltzer
  • 8thgradekid8thgradekid Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    Depends on your score. If it's on the lower end, use mcgraw hill and barrons to learn some test-taking strategies etc. If it's pretty high already, go with the college board book to take as many practice tests as possible.
  • DiotimaDMDiotimaDM Registered User Posts: 1,469 Senior Member
    I second Erica Meltzer for ERBW. PWN the SAT for math.
  • 2018collegebound2018collegebound Registered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    edited April 13
    I used the official College Board book, the Princeton Review, and Khan Academy and got an upper 99th percentile score. The Princeton Review is more challenging than the actual test and helped me feel extremely confident on test day. However, the Khan Academy service is one of the best tools out there, and is also absolutely free. I would take as many practices on there as you can. Good luck :)
  • thasbutChthasbutCh Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I used the ACT and SAT Barron's prep book and I was able to increase my score by 150 points from PSAT to SAT and 50 points on my second go on the SAT.