Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Thoughts on the Math Section of 3/10 SAT?

LinuskyLinusky Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
For some reason I feel like it was harder than usual... I screwed up one problem (the circle one on calculator sect) and had one that was unsure... Anyone wanna talk about the math curve this time? Will I still be able to get 800 on math if I missed one?
I am kinda mad because I got 800 on SAT Math II and I usually get perfects on practice tests... So I really did not perform as well as expected :(

Replies to: Thoughts on the Math Section of 3/10 SAT?

• vamom4vamom4 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    My daughter took it on March 10 and found the math impossible. She had gone to an SAT tutor and was doing very well on the practice tests. She got a 580 on math the first time and wanted to increase her score another 100+ points.

Unfortunately, when she got to the math section on this March 10, 2018 test, she flipped through and discovered she only knew how to solve ONE of the problems. Crazy!

She and her friends have been talking about this and they all feel the same way, even the kids who are math whizzes, like her friend who got a 690 on math last time.

I'm not sure what College Board did to the SAT math section this time, but kids who have prepped and kids who are good at math shouldn't be confronted with a test full of questions they have no clue how to solve.

Thinking this test is going to have to be tremendously scaled....
  • sable999sable999 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    My son got a 770 on the math section of the Dec SAT. Retook in March to improve Reading (got a 700 in December but since he did not prepare at all, decided it was worth seeing if a little work would pay off). He thought the math section of the March SAT was MUCH harder than the December SAT. Interestingly, I think he thought the with calculator portion was most difficult. I will be interested to see what the scores reveal.
  • MasterX445455MasterX445455 Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    there were like 5-8 trick questions that I saw through, but I just couldn't do the box and whisker one. I got a 790 on the dec one and couldn't do something I learned in 6th grade
  • MasterX445455MasterX445455 Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    everything else was fine though, as far as I know
  • StevenToCollegeStevenToCollege Registered User Posts: 755 Member
    The March 10th SAT results will be released in 2 days.
    Keep the fingers crossed!