right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Didn't take any AP Courses in high school, is that bad?

iwslontsatiwslontsat 49 replies10 threads Junior Member
I didn't take any AP courses in high school. How bad is that? I have a decent gpa and ACT score. I have good LORS and essays.
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Didn't take any AP Courses in high school, is that bad?

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus 79141 replies704 threads Senior Member
    Without the context of whether you had the choice to do so, and in what subjects, what your overall high school course selection is like, and what colleges you are interested in, it is not possible to give a good answer.
    · Reply · Share
  • iwslontsatiwslontsat 49 replies10 threads Junior Member
    edited March 2018
    True, I tried to take tough courses, but for some reason AP courses were always full. I plan to apply to many colleges. Top choice is Northwestern, but I really like NYU as well. I have a 3.8 UW and ACT is 35. Many extracurriculars, and very good things I did during my gap time. @ucbalumnus
    edited March 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • gallentjillgallentjill 2387 replies84 threads Senior Member
    @iwslontsat If the reason you didn't take APs is because you consistently tried to register but were shut out through no fault of your own, I would ask your guidance counselor to write that in his letter of recommendation. Northwestern and NYU are reaches for everyone, so please make sure to have some safeties on your list as well.
    · Reply · Share
    Well, I guess I could ask him too do that. I was just wondering if anyone else has taken very few AP course and still got into good schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • bopperbopper 14144 replies100 threadsForum Champion CWRU Forum Champion
    You definitely need more safeties. Find the college that matches you and your GPA and course rigor.
    · Reply · Share
    Yeah of course. I will have safeties.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity