right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

What are your strategies for SAT Reading?

kwcho19kwcho19 7 replies24 threads Junior Member
Some people look at questions first and then go back to reading and some people read passages first and answer questions. I perform better when I skim through passages first.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What are your strategies for SAT Reading?

• zannahzannah 1081 replies12 threads Senior Member
    It was useful to me to read the question and answer it. If you know the answer, find it, mark it, move on. If it is all of the above or non of above...look at the other choices. If one choice doesn't match either global choice, then find the best answer. If you don't know, what do you know? If the question is about defense mechanisms, for example, eliminate behavioral types. Getting down to two choices means you have 50/50 chance of guessing the right answer. If you simply don't know, use your imagination. Personal default was choosing Irish names. You may also find the correct answer or even a good clue in other questions.
    · Reply · Share
  • floppedoverfloppedover 23 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I personally prefer reading the passages first. I found that for me, reading the questions first and then doing the passages was wasteful because a) after reading the passage I still have to read the questions again, b) the questions don't mean much without context, and c) looking for answers distracted me from concentrating on gaining a deep understanding of the text.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity