Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Which Scores to Send?

Areslol1Areslol1 Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
Hi everyone,

I have a 36 ACT (35, 36, 36, 35, 10 writing) and a 1580 SAT (780, 800, 20 writing). I was wondering if y'all can give me some advice on whether I should just send my ACT or send both scores to colleges.

Thanks.

Replies to: Which Scores to Send?

• drusbadrusba Registered User Posts: 9,461 Senior Member
    You can send both or either and not really be harmed in any way, except sending both requires payment for two orders. If you send both, the college will just choose the one it believes is better for you. Note, if applying to Georgetown, you are required to provide both; it is the only collge in the nation that currently requires both all SATs and all ACTs. Also,in deciding, you should check scholarshios that the college has since it may have some that are attached to particular test scores, such as the National Merit Scholarship is attached to the PSAT and SAT.
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 Registered User Posts: 3,290 Senior Member
    If you can afford it, I would send both. It confirms one test wasn't a fluke.