Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I can help with helping you improve your SAT/ACT scores!

13»

Replies to: I can help with helping you improve your SAT/ACT scores!

• GoBears2023GoBears2023 Registered User Posts: 283 Junior Member
    edited January 8
    @anti18 I did get a 36 on my first try, but that was after doing the SAT twice.

As for improving your ACT score, I would say try using some of the College Panda books. Those were the ones I used when I was prepping. If you believe that the ACT is pretty difficult, I would also recommend giving the SAT a try and see if you get a better score. If you score above a 1450 on the SAT, I would say put your efforts towards the SAT instead.
  • anti18anti18 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    @GoBears2023 Okay thanks. I did take the SAT, scored below a 1450, lost all hope for it so just decided to focus on the ACT... do you happen to have any tips for the Writing section? I didn't do too well on that either. Other than reading example essays, I can't think of anything else. I just can't tell if I'm even improving.
    @anti18 sometimes, I gave practice essays I wrote to my teachers or adult mentors that I knew. Getting a second set of eyes on a paper is really valuable.
  • anti18anti18 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    @GoBears2023 alright! Hopefully with some more practice I'll be able to get a 34.
    @anti18 I wish you the best of luck! Keep me posted and feel free to PM me if you need help with anything :)
  • Strawberry017Strawberry017 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    @GoBears2023
    Do you think it’s possible to bring up you ACT score in about 3 weeks? (February 9th exam) It’s my first time taking the ACT and I don’t know how to study it. I’ve been doing one section a day from the official practice tests.. but do you have any other tips?
    @Strawberry017 Of course. I think just practicing is the best way to prepare. That's what I did when I prepared for the ACT. Keep in mind that I did already train for the SAT, so lots of my skills transferred over to the ACT.
13»