Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Reporting testing center

kokoptakokopta Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
I had a disruption during my testing center. Some kids were preparing for practice and carrying equipment between hallways. It only lasted a few mintutes, but it was horribly distractting especially because it was in the reading section.

But again, it only lasted a few minutes, so I don't know if it warrants a report.

Replies to: Reporting testing center

• skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 38,521 Super Moderator
    If the classroom door was open, the action to be taken at the time was to say "Excuse me Mrs. Proctor, can you close the door?" If the classroom door was closed, normal traffic is a fact of life.

No, it does not warrant a report.
  • kokoptakokopta Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    In my opinion, it was not "normal" traffic. This is my second SAT. There first time I took the test there was reasonable background noise: coughing, sniffling, people running up and down the hallways, I even dealt with the constant beeping of someone's watch. This was beyond that. It was the rumbling of multiple cheer mats for several minutes up and down the hallway. I know I was not the only one disturbed by this because several kids looked up and covered their ears etc.