Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Two low SATs, high superscore

aVeryHappyChildaVeryHappyChild Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
So here's the deal with my SAT:

I took the test twice, once in March and once in August. My first score was a 1380 (660 R, 720 M). My second score was a 1360 (740 R, 620 M).

My superscore is a 1460. Will colleges that accept a superscore care that my test average lowered if my superscore is decently high?

Replies to: Two low SATs, high superscore

• umiami22umiami22 Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    A lot of colleges accept superscores. They will not care that your two scores are low. Thats the entire point of a superscore. They want you to show your best self. Also, a 1380 and a 1360 are amazing scores without superscoring them. you are fine. Best of luck!!
  • RichInPittRichInPitt Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    In theory, you should only have a 1460 next to your name in the evaluation process.

I have a gut feel that those scores would fall a tad behind someone with just a single 740/720 test result. But probably not by much.
  • drearyandwearydrearyandweary Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    If the college states that they superscore you are fine. They have to abide by their own rules
  • LindagafLindagaf Registered User Posts: 8,561 Senior Member
    It depends. If the college allows you to superstore, that’s great. Some colleges will do their own super scoring. Other colleges will require all tests taken, in which case you must submit them all.