Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Georgetown interview transcript request?

4leaguer4leaguer Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited January 30 in Georgetown University
Hi
I’ve been in contact with my Georgetown alumni interviewer for the past week about scheduling a time. Just today he emailed me back and asked for my unofficial high school transcript, Georgetown application essays, and resume that I submitted to the school itself. While I am ok with sharing this information it did seem to come off as a little bit odd. Other school interviewers said that they are actually advised not to ask for grades and academic details and my friend who had a different interviewer for Georgetown said that her’s didn’t ask for anything supplemental. What should I do in this situation?

Replies to: Georgetown interview transcript request?

• JBStillFlyingJBStillFlying Registered User Posts: 5,778 Senior Member
    If it were me, I'd assume he/she either has some pull or is just nosy LOL - the first one is a bit more charitable. Why don't you hand it all over then at the end of the interview say something like "Well, you've gotten to know me a bit from this conversation and you've obviously been privy to my application - what are my chances?" Most likely the interviewer won't have a clue but perhaps will be embarrassed enough about giving you a false impression to do a fantastic write up.

Good luck!