Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SAT Prep for 1500+

Strawberry017Strawberry017 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
Hi! So i’m taking my second SAT on March 27th. I have a little over 6 weeks but I really want a 1500 or more. On my first SAT, I got an 1180 without studying. Do you think if I study, I can bring my score up to at least a 1500? In adddition, how should I study? I have the Blue book and the black book. I also know I’m taking a 2 day SAT prep class at my school. Does anyone reconommend specific books or websites? For Khan Academy, how many questions should I do in a day to see progress? Anything would be helpful!!

Replies to: SAT Prep for 1500+

• Groundwork2022Groundwork2022 Registered User Posts: 1,158 Senior Member
    That kind of a jump is... optimistic. Proper prep is not a matter of the number of practice questions you do each day. Rather, you should look at the category and type of questions you get wrong on your practice tests and focus on improving in those areas. You're on the right rack... you've got the practice books, the prep class and Khan Academy lined up. Don't just peek at your scores and move on to the next test, but use the data to tell you which areas require more attention.
  • GoBears2023GoBears2023 Registered User Posts: 399 Member
    That is a really big jump. I would say set your expectation at a mid 1300 first. Once you get that, then start thinking about 1450 and then 1500+. The best way to study is by taking the Khan Academy practice plan online. I found it to be very helpful when studying last year.
  • momo2x2018momo2x2018 Registered User Posts: 439 Member
    edited February 10
    Are you a HS senior or a HS junior?
  • Strawberry017Strawberry017 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    High school junior
  • momo2x2018momo2x2018 Registered User Posts: 439 Member
    edited February 10
    My opinion is you should wait until your 11th grade curriculum is complete and then shoot for a June SAT - that will give you more time to prepare - in the event you do not achieve your goal in June, you still have August and maybe even October SATs to re-attempt your goal
  • drearyandwearydrearyandweary Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    Your seems very ambitious. It’s definitely achievable. I’d say try reading Erica meltzer’s books for writing and reading they really helped me boost my score to the 1500s