Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Late for act test

JamiemayJamiemay Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
My school is making us take the act test and I was late because we had to take my sister to school could I go to school since I was late also if I was late could I reschedule the test to take it?

Replies to: Late for act test

• milgymfammilgymfam Registered User Posts: 352 Member
    When you’re late to the ACT you forfeit your test and cannot get a refund. You could pay again and take it at another time though. My daughter was one min late for a test once- was running up as they closed the doors- no dice.
  • LindagafLindagaf Registered User Posts: 8,735 Senior Member
    I don't get this. If you were late for the test, I assume you didn't take it. What do you mean "could I go to school since I was late"? That doesn't make sense to me. You will get no score and will probably have to pay to do the test again. I wouldn't worry too much, but you need to speak to your guidance cousnelor at school to find out how they handle kids who missed the test. If they require it, you're going to have to do it.

BTW, this is an important test. Being late because your sister was late for school is a pretty poor excuse for missing a test. No one is going to cut you slack for that reason.