right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Does a bad SAT score look bad?

Amberlanya HerwanaAmberlanya Herwana 41 replies15 postsRegistered User Junior Member
For schools that go by score choice, will a bad SAT score reduce my chances??
I have a good super score, but I took it one more time and got a really bad score, but will they just look at the superscore I want them to see or will they also take into account that bad score?
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Does a bad SAT score look bad?

• lookingforwardlookingforward 33101 replies358 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Superscore means superscore. They just scan for the top scores in each category. Make sure you're the right candidate, overall. Know what that is.
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 38478 replies6732 postsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    If the college does score choice, don't send in the bad score. Problem solved.
    · Reply · Share
  • Amberlanya HerwanaAmberlanya Herwana 41 replies15 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    so in that case it really doesn't matter how many times I take it?
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 38478 replies6732 postsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    so in that case it really doesn't matter how many times I take it?

At some point, the ROI turns negative when the amount of time prepping or taking detracts from time better spent elsewhere. After about the 3rd time around, it's unlikely that any meaningful gains will be had.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 672 replies8 postsRegistered User Member
    For the schools that only receive the scores you choose to send, which should be a maximum of two, no it doesn't matter how many times you take it.

But as noted above, once you're past 3, or certainly 4, it's highly unlikely that you will gain any value from taking it again.
    · Reply · Share