right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Applying CS EA, Better ACT than SAT, but SAT has high level math score, should I send both?

markd1markd1 1 replies6 threads New Member
Applying Computer Science/Engineering Early Action, Better ACT than SAT, but SAT has high level math score, should I send both?
Major: CS/General Engineering if req. Early Action November 1

I received a 34 on the ACT |34 English|33 Math|32 Reading|35 Science|

I received a 1470 on the SAT: 770 Math 700 Reading and Writing

Should I send both scores, and will it not affect me that the SAT is lower than the ACT, but has a high level math score?

Also, I took the October SAT, so should I send it as soon as it is available so it can be superscored
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Applying CS EA, Better ACT than SAT, but SAT has high level math score, should I send both?

• drusbadrusba 9630 replies21 threads Senior Member
    edited October 15
    Other than the dollar cost of sending both tests, there is no downside in sending both. College will use the test it believes is better for you. Moreover, there are some colleges whose CS/engineering departments, UIUC is one, that follow the general rule of using the test with highest composite but will give consideration to a better math score in another test.

If you want the Oct test to be considered for early action admission, sending it as soon as score is revealed online is not just advisable but may be absolutely necessary for it to be considered for early action by some colleges.
    edited October 15
    · Reply · Share
  • DCCAWAMIIAILDCCAWAMIIAIL 141 replies3 threads Junior Member
    DD had similar scores on ACT and SAT - she included both on her common app (self reported). She had a perfect SAT math score and didn't want it to go to waste even though overall her ACT was a little better.
    · Reply · Share