right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Does College Board charge for unused SAT tests? (special circumstances)

alondraaaalondraaa 28 replies16 threads Junior Member
For personal reasons that I cannot control, I cannot take the SAT tomorrow (dec 7th) or reschedule anytime in the future. I have taken the SAT once before, so I have that score going for me. I was also granted a fee waiver by my counselor.

My questions are:
1) I heard that you can just not show up to the test, and that's it. Is it as easy as this, or are there any extra steps that I have to take?
2) Will I be charged for the unused test despite being on a fee waiver? Or is there the possibility that my school will charge me? This is what I'm scared of.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Does College Board charge for unused SAT tests? (special circumstances)

• alondraaaalondraaa 28 replies16 threads Junior Member
    Note: Don't know if this is relevant or important or not, but I applied to my CSU apps saying that I would take the Dec 7th SAT. Would not taking the SAT become a problem in this case, considering I already told them I would?
    · Reply · Share
  • alondraaaalondraaa 28 replies16 threads Junior Member
  • drusbadrusba 9664 replies21 threads Senior Member
    edited December 2019
    Failure to show up for a test results in automatic cancellation, and you need do nothing more. You do not get charged anything even if you had a fee waiver. However, the fee waiver will not apply to your taking another test to make up for the one you skipped.

The CSU will determine admission on what is actually provided. Thus, if you have submitted another test, the fact that you do not provide the December test will not be used against you. However, you may want to inform the CSU that you did not take the test because otherwise it may delay for a while reviewing your file to determine admission on the assumption that another test score will eventually arrive .
    edited December 2019
    · Reply · Share