right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Is it implied or should I directly say it?

Hello,

I'm a senior that's applying to colleges and have been unable to take SAT subject tests because of the financial barriers it poses. I understand that this is not uncommon and many schools address this on their websites. I'm a Questbridge finalist and my family's income is mentioned in some of my application essays, so the admissions officers will know of my financial situation. Would it still be necessary to directly tell them why I don't have any SAT subject tests, or is it implied?

If I were to tell them, how would I do so? Would I send them an email, include a brief statement and submit it as "additional information" on my application portal, or do something entirely different?

Thank you for your time.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is it implied or should I directly say it?

• cptofthehousecptofthehouse 29867 replies59 threads Senior Member
    Ask your GC to tell each of the AOs your financial situation
    · Reply · Share
  • MrFreshMrFresh 1 replies2 threads New Member
    Please, can anyone else say something
    · Reply · Share
  • Groundwork2022Groundwork2022 2653 replies55 threads Senior Member
    Ideally your GC includes it in his/her assessment. However, I think it would be okay to include one sentence in the "anything else we should know" section. You don't want to go on and on with an explanation, because then you'll come off as making excuses. Just one sentence saying that test scores weren't overlooked, and they can refer to the rest of your application or talk to your GC for details.
    · Reply · Share