right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Can I Appeal My PSAT Score?

This student is unhappy with her PSAT score -- see what The Dean advises. https://insights.collegeconfidential.com/appeal-psat
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Can I Appeal My PSAT Score?

• evergreen5evergreen5 1605 replies33 threads Senior Member
    So, the answer to the question is simply that College Board does not offer hand Score Verification for PSAT like it does for the SAT, correct? (I have not seen anything about this on the College Board site, though perhaps I was not looking in the right place.)
    · Reply · Share
  • CCEdit_TorreyCCEdit_Torrey 32 replies323 threads Editor
    Hi @evergreen5 I just called the College Board and asked if it's a possibility. They said if you want to appeal PSAT scores, it *is* possible but you have to call them and request an "escalation report" to do so.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 1612 replies25 threads Senior Member
    Has College Board ever published data on how many score appeals result in changes to scores?

I suspect it’s a lot lower than the percentage of score recipients who are absolutely positive that they did better than their score indicates.

Optical scanners and computer-based score conversions tend to be pretty accurate.
    · Reply · Share
  • LindagafLindagaf 9675 replies521 threads Senior Member
    The OP is probably wasting his/her time. The ACT is NOT the same as the SAT, despite what OP might think. The score of 35 is great, and the PSAT score more than likely indicates that this person is better suited to taking the ACT over the SAT. National Merit Scholar is nice to have, but the Dean is right in that OP will probably still be eligible for great merit scholarships at colleges that offer them based on a combination of grades and test scores.

As a test prep tutor, I’ve seen plenty of students do better on one test or the other. It’s too bad that National Merit hinges on a great PSAT score, but until ACT comes up with something similar for the PreACT, there’s not a lot to be done about it.
    · Reply · Share
  • sdattasdatta 7 replies0 threads New Member
    Read this : https://prodigylearning.org/psat-faqs/

the PSAT , according to College Board, can't be appealed. nor does it really matter to
    · Reply · Share