right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Chance me George Washington University ED11

fenway1fenway1 33 replies10 threads Junior Member
Hi everyone! I really need your help here. I’m really counting on getting in.

Stats: 3.33 UW, 3.9 W GPA, SAT not submitting. Mix of regular and honors/ AP classes such as honors world, honors US, honors bio, honors English, ect. I’m not allowed to take AP until junior year and only 2 are available but I couldn’t take them because I am apart of my schools global studies program. Overall I’ve taken 6 honors and 3 AP. Senior year I have a 3.7 UW, 4.5 W in advanced calculus, advanced French, honors marine bio, honors film studies, AP Gov, and AP psych.

Recommendation from honors history and advanced French teacher. I go to an extremely good public school in MA, top 5 in the state. I also don’t know if this counts but my cousin, brother, and sister- in- law all went to GW.

Essay: talked about this really cool start up I helped create with my dad (sort of like uber but for gasoline) that is lowering carbon emission levels and is backed by congressman.

EC:
- Class President (2017)
- Varsity Golf, baseball
- Job at local golf course
- Head coach of two 7th grade basketball teams
- Lead organizer (run by my family) for the childhood cancer awareness day at Fenway Park
- Secretary of investment club
- 2 years DECA
- Member of NEPGA Jr. Tour
- BBYO member

Awards:
- Ed Roony Sportsmanship award for basketball team
- Award of excellence for school varsity golf
- Award of excellence for school baseball
- 3 year honor roll student

Please chance me, I’ve liked GW ever since I visited my brother 6 years back. I am very interested in law so my intended major is poli sci/ legal studies something around there.
Thank you and have a great weekend!
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me George Washington University ED11

• fenway1fenway1 33 replies10 threads Junior Member
    I checked naviance and a few students have been admitted with similar stats as me ED and RD but a couple have also been denied with similar stats as me.
    · Reply · Share
  • hello0024hello0024 11 replies0 threads New Member
    is this newton public schools bc I felt that with the no APs until junior year, and I’m applying ED1 out of newton. Also my take is that extracurriculars have a lot of weight on admission into GW (from what I’ve heard). In terms of GPA, on naviance for my school it seems that most their accepted students have above a 4.2 weighted gpa, excluding two out of three total students who applied ED. I hope this is helpful since it sounds like our school use the same class/ gpa system.
    · Reply · Share
    edited December 2019
    @hello0024 Yes, I am from Newton! It seems on my naviance that kids have been accepted and denied with very similar stats as me so idk if I have a shot. Good luck!
    edited December 2019
    · Reply · Share
    I feel like I have good extracurricular such as Class President, youth basketball coach, a job, and 2 school sports/ won awards for each one but is it going to look bad that I don’t have any directly related to my major besides like Class President I guess? I do take classes and stuff that are connected to my intended major though.
    · Reply · Share