right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

SAT test prep-best method

goatgirlgoatgirl 20 replies8 threads Junior Member
I’m new to the test prep concept and don’t know where to begin. I have taken the PSAT before and despise my score. (Would like to improve by 200 pints) I have read so many conflicting articles that my head is now spinning. Help! How have you raised your score? I want to study over the summer. Is that enough time to be effective? Did you use a book, a free online course, Princeton review self-paced course, or Princeton Review live course, or an expensive private tutor (that I can’t afford)? Which of these methods ACTUALLY works? I’m a self-motivated, hard worker but I am a little worried about spending a ton of time on a method that just doesn’t work. I want someone to help me learn the tips and tricks. Any advice will help. (I will be a Junior in HS next year, by the way. But I really don’t want to spend all of next year studying because my course load is huge) Thanks!
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: SAT test prep-best method

• IlovebandIloveband 22 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Hi there! I would recommend Khan Academy, but that takes practice and dedication every day (as with any test prep). That's what I personally used for *years to study- I took the SAT once and got a 1550.
    A tutor would be the best and fastest way to raise your score, and I know a great company that can help you for a good price. Please message me if you have questions!!
    · Reply · Share
  • AlwaysMovingAlwaysMoving 510 replies5 threads Member
    I've paid for the best local test prep company for all my kids and the the value is in the practice tests. Take as many practice tests as you can and take them exactly like you will on test day. Before you start gather all of the practice tests you can, so you know how many you have to work with it.

· Reply · Share