right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

How long did it take you to prepare for the SAT when you got a 1450+/1500+?

hopeful0325hopeful0325 3 replies1 threads New Member
I'm starting to study now for the August 2020 SAT and hoping to get a 1450+ then (higher would be great). I'm also saving October/November to retake it. So I have about 4 months. Please let me know how long it took you to study and achieve a 1450+/1500+ and any tips you have. Thank you!
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How long did it take you to prepare for the SAT when you got a 1450+/1500+?

• happy1happy1 23831 replies2384 threads Super Moderator
    That is solely based on each individual. Some people don't need to study at all and can get a 1600.....others may spend hundreds of hours and can't get a top score. Figure out what YOU need to do to succeed.
    · Reply · Share
  • Dream20schoolDream20school 32 replies0 threads Junior Member
    You have almost 4 months to prepare for August SAT. Spending several hours a day to practice will improve the scores. If you never take SAT before a lot of practice is needed. Now it is good timing to start preparing. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • cstp28cstp28 30 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Do some practice tests. Check online for reviews of different practice test books, and make sure to time yourself or have someone time you. My D20 got a 1400 with no prep and a 1490 at the next test sitting by doing some practice tests. Now, she is a naturally good test taker, so that is certainly a factor in her success. She also took challenging classes in school.
    · Reply · Share