right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Age when taking the SAT

Will admissions officers factor in when the SAT exams were taken? ex. If I took the SAT in grade 10 and got low 1500 score and I haven't taken another test since, will the score matter for my applications?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Age when taking the SAT

• RichInPittRichInPitt 2264 replies36 threads Senior Member
    What do you mean by “will it matter”? If you apply to a school and submit that as your only SAT score, then that SAT score will be used in your evaluation, just as everyone else’s will. No credit or penalty for 10th vs 11th vs 12th grade.

CMU is the only one I’m aware of that doesn’t like early testing (claiming your knowledge may “degrade” <eye roll>. It’s magically better 3-4 months later - summer after 10th is fine). But feedback I’ve received from others is that this isn’t really meaningful.
    · Reply · Share